1. Not everyone likes The Residents.
Just because I think something is unquestionably a work of genius doesn’t mean everyone – or even anyone – else will. See also: Frank Zappa.
2. Someone has got to talk to the smelly guy.
Sometimes you just have to do it. Smile and think happy thoughts.
3. It’s OK to sell someone a record you think is crap.
They might like it even if you don’t. It takes all kinds of colors to make a rainbow.
4. The Shaggs will clear out a store at closing time faster than a bomb threat.
5. Sometimes you just need to drop all pretense and rock out.
6. The older generation will always regard the music of a younger generation with skepticism.
The only constant in life is change. Get used to it.